HAVE YOUR PIPES FROZEN OR BURST?!
- CONTACT YOUR LANDLORD IMMEDIATELY
- IF YOUR WATER HAS BEEN SHUT OFF CONTACT THE CITY HOUSING INSPECTOR ASAP
- COME INTO OR CALL THE TENANT UNION FOR MORE OPTIONS!
The Tenant Union provides FREE services to U of I students including :
- Help Finding Apartments and Houses
- Landlord Complaint Records
- Lease Reviews
- Tenant-Landlord Conflict Help
- Educational Programming (including workshops & presentations)
- Request a Presentation/Workshop here https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/1019709
U of I Students and incoming students contact:
UIUC Tenant Union
326 Illini Union
Request Information at the link below:
Not a U of I student, incoming student, or parent of U of I student?
Contact the Champaign-Urbana Tenant Union at (217) 352-6220.
TIP: TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS the day you move in AND on the last day of your lease. It's the best way to protect your DAMAGE DEPOSIT.
NO deposit? You still need to take photographs because the landlord might send you a bill for damages at the end of your lease and pursue collection.
Like us at Facebook.com/TenantUnion
The Tenant Union does not provide legal services of any kind. All information provided in this publication is intended to help the average person prevent problems and deal with common concerns of renting. When legal help is needed, always consult with an attorney at law.